I'm Not A Music Hipster, I'm a Music Hermit

Posted by 1001web

    [click for larger version]

Vee: My music collection has a little bit of everything in it- and I mean EVERYTHING. Bluegrass, techno, pop, country, classical, rap, death metal, folk, even a couple of noise bands. It's dominated by what is possibly the world's largest queue of movie soundtracks.
It's not so much eclectic as it is schizophrenic. I admit that freely.
What I don't have is anything by two of the most popular artists in the world: Elton John and The Beatles.
I don't know why -generally I can find at least ONE song by any group that appeals to me- but those two never really struck my fancy.
James seemed to take this as some sort of affront on culture and insisted on forcing me to listen to a bunch of Greatest Hits, all of which I hated.
That's when this conversation actually happened, including the argument regarding Mr. John's nationality... which, incidentally, I was right about.
If this proves anything, it's that I am always right about everything, and embarking in a debate with me is fruitless, so everybody should just agree and do whatever I say.
Especially James.

James: This was embarrassing for so many reasons... I mean, I grew up loving the music of Elton John, and I must have listened to his albums hundreds of times, and yet, I never realized he was British. Her knowledge of music of any kind is usually incredibly sparse, in fact, we were making our way through the Rolling Stone most popular songs in history list and not only couldn't she not name any, she hadn't even heard them before!
We would be very grateful if you spread the I'm Not A Music Hipster, I'm a Music Hermit this article on your social networking account, by URL : http://piranhapart.blogspot.com/2012/09/i-not-music-hipster-i-music-hermit.html

Bookmark and Share