Mashed Potatoe Sandwich

Posted by 1001web

    [click for larger version]

Vee: It's not only that I don't cook, it's also that I don't taste. James often compares it to a dog's ability to detect flavor: pleasant, neutral and unpleasant. I'd say that's about accurate. Much like a dog, if something is in the unpleasant category, I'll just let it fall out of my mouth and look at James wordlessly, as if to say "why, why did you try to feed this to me?".
I like food, sure- but left to my own devices, I'll just eat the same three things over and over, because they're good and I enjoy them. I think he's mentioned here before my "sad lasagna" meal. For the longest time, I came home for lunch, popped a frozen dinner in the microwave, ate it, and returned to work. When James started WFH, he was able to witness this, day in and day out, the same Lean Cuisine lasagna (not because I'm particularely interested in being lean, but because it's the one I like best), making our apartment smell like an airplane at feeding time.
He was horrified by it.
Now I don't come home for lunch anymore, so he doesn't have to see me get the same sub every single day (Veggie, lightly toasted, with sparse tomato, lots of green pep, a dash of onion, cucumber and subsauce). Again, not a vegetarian over here, I just put all deli meats solidly in the unpleasant category.
I suppose, in that respect, I am unlike a dog.

Jaime: I don't even understand how this was supposed to work...like, how was she picturing the interaction between the mashed potatoes and the bread? Did she think it would spread and melt into the toast? I mean, this was cold lumpy mashed potato left overs. I'm less concerned with her terrible inability to cook, or even eat, like a human being. I've made my peace with that. It's her complete ignorance of even the physical properties of foodstuffs that seems so troubling.
We would be very grateful if you spread the Mashed Potatoe Sandwich this article on your social networking account, by URL : http://piranhapart.blogspot.com/2012/09/mashed-potatoe-sandwich.html

Bookmark and Share