Being a Modern Dad is Impossible

Posted by 1001web

    [click for larger version]

Vee: In the unlikely scenario that we were to breed, I think our kid would end up running away and donating himself to an orphanage... or however the fuck that works. It's not that James would be a bad father, per se. I think he would make an excellent patriarch... if it was still the 1950's. Having grown up in a small town, he has all sorts of knowledge regarding old cars, how to fix'em, and perhaps painting a fence (white).
I, on the other hand, would be able to build that Deadmau5 head. I tried to explain to James how it would work, based on an arduino controlling the LEDs, at which point he had an ADD attack and passed out cold.
Based on my interaction with colleagues, the closest thing I have to children, I can safely say I would be one of those parents who does not allow their children to work on their own projects.
James would say "Why don't you help young Jamvee with his Halloween costume?", at which point I would bar him from my work room and build the entire thing, painstakingly soldering for weeks on end. The final product would be so magnificent, it couldn't be trusted in the hands of a child, so I wouldn't let him wear it, and would send the kid out trick-or-treating in a white sheet with eye-holes cut out.
I'm sure at this point science will have fully explained spectral apparitions, so children won't know what ghosts are, and he'll immediately get beat up for dressing as a KKK member.
It's a good lesson, really: if you're going to do something, do it yourself, because everybody else will fuck you over.
Even mom.
Especially mom.

Jaime: Two things I should mention here; first and foremost, I know nothing about automobiles or how fix them, and secondly, I would be an incredible and lazy parent. True, I may not be attentive, or diligent, or trustworthy with... I can't finish this post. She is eating crackers RIGHT next to me. They smell delicious. Like turkey stuffing.
We would be very grateful if you spread the Being a Modern Dad is Impossible this article on your social networking account, by URL : http://piranhapart.blogspot.com/2012/10/being-modern-dad-is-impossible.html

Bookmark and Share